MS27183 : Mil-Spec Hardware
MS27183 : Mil-Spec Hardware Specification
Washer, Flat (Round, Steel, Cadmium Plated) General Purpose
Click on drawing for larger view
1. MATERIAL: Steel, carbon grades 1005 through 1020 (UNS G10050 through UNS G10200), in accordance with ASTM A108, ASTM A109 or ASTM A569, any temper
2. PROTECTIVE COATING AND SURFACE TREATMENT: Cadmium plate in accordance with QQ-P-416, Type II, Class 3.
3. SURFACE TEXTURE: Bearing surface roughness shall not exceed 125 micro inches (Ro) in accordance with ANSI/AASME 846 1.
4. PART NUMBER: The part number shall consist of the basic MS number followed by dash number from Table I.
- Example: MS27183-1
- MS27183 Basic MS Number
- 1 Dash Number
MS27183-1 indicates washer flat (round steel cadmium plated) inside diameter 078, outside diameter 188, thickness 020
- 1. All dimensions are in inches
- 2. In he event of a conflict between the text of this document and the references cited herein, the text of this document shall take precedence.
- 3. Unless otherwise specified, issues of referenced documents are those in effect at the time of solicitation.
Cadmium or zinc coated steel washers only, previously specified on MS15795 were cancelled and superseded by cadmium plated steel washers specified herein.
Uncoated steel washers and phosphate coated steel washers, covered by dash numbers given on MS15795, are cancelled/inactivated after the indicated approval date for revision A of superseding Standard MS27183. Use the dash numbers given in the preceding sheet of this Standard. The cancelled washers cannot always replace the new washers and should be used until existing stock is depleted. Then use only the new washers for design and replacement. Replacement shall be in accordance with this table.
Need the Spec?
Click here to download MS27183 Specification